Decorator and Handyman rates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a small roofing company in the north west of the country
And have just brought a web site(other than the one I have)
That has it's listing in google a lot higher than mine.
This also came with a decorating site and a handyman site, I've been
Getting a lot of enquirys especially for the handyman site that up till
Now I've just turned away, I'm now thumbing to take on a handyman
And decorator to do this work, any idea what the going rate for either
Is in the manchester area is?
Any other ideas would be helpful.
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave,

Due you mean a decorator AND a handyman or just a handyman?
Personally can't stand handymen that do a bit of everything and none of it very well, and they could land you in the bother.
Might be better to set yourself up with a few sub-contract trades that you can call on and allocate the jobs to them on an individual basis. Work out a percentage for yourself and stick it on top, you've got nothing to lose if your turning that work away now and also means your fixed costs are lower with no wages to pay.

Hi Dave,

Due you mean a decorator AND a handyman or just a handyman?
Personally can't stand handymen that do a bit of everything and none of it very well, and they could land you in the bother.
Might be better to set yourself up with a few sub-contract trades that you can call on and allocate the jobs to them on an individual basis. Work out a percentage for yourself and stick it on top, you've got nothing to lose if your turning that work away now and also means your fixed costs are lower with no wages to pay.

Thanks for the reply Dec,no i was thinking of a time served Painter not a if you can **** you can paint one, the handyman would be separate,
im also thinking on the same lines, just add a percentage to the job.
thanks for the feed back
Cheers
Dave

decorator for the companies i give work out to is £100-150 a day flat rate. im just north of london.

in comparison - my plasterer has just fully reskimmed a double bedroom for me for £200.

with the help of this site im trying to do things myself and finally learn a few bits and bobs. ;)

Sponsored Links
decorator for the companies i give work out to is £100-150 a day flat rate. im just north of london.

in comparison -
my plasterer has just fully reskimmed a double bedroom for me for £200.

A double bedroom fully skimmed for £200,,,, he must have been real desperate for the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back