Setting up as a handyman?

Sponsored Links
your abit out of date on your water regs then.
smiley_128.gif

maybe someone will get the job of re-fitting them properly.

Yes please, a link to the relevant regs will settle the dispute.

Dear "Moderator4".

It was NOT an advert, it was an informative link.

I think you were a bit over reacting to that post and removal of the link was wrong! Isn't it funny how I never see any removal of links to B&Q or Screwfix ?

That's what happens when moderators are also allowed to be posters!

Sponsored Links
a wonderful example of how to make a potentially good web site into a complete horses a**e and instantly nake people think they wont use your services. Shame because some of the other stuff on there is good

My site is honest and brings in a lot of work thank you very much. Would you like to let me know which part of the site you are actually referring to as horses...

Don't be afraid to add constructive and useful criticism, I don't mind a little help with updating the site. Care to let us have a look at your effort?

john, apologies probabaly didnt word it as well as i could have! Some parts of the site i found very informative and useful such as the fixed prices, the lists of what you do etc. As a customer i would be impressed with those as they give clear concuise information.
Other parts of the site such as the hse stuff, the why use tradesman page etc where wordy, and possibly scaremongering and imho may well put customers off. I think there is almost too much on there, as when i first looked at it i couldnt work out what it was actually for. Thats my opinion for what it is worth

Other parts of the site such as the hse stuff, the why use tradesman page etc where wordy, and possibly scaremongering and imho may well put customers off. I think there is almost too much on there, as when i first looked at it i couldnt work out what it was actually for. Thats my opinion for what it is worth

No prob Thermo,

A bit lost on the why use a tradesman page. Do I have one? Or do you mean the page listing what I do and don't do? If so I would have thought that was an important page. People who get in contact with me through the website never ask me if I install electric showers as that page tells them that I don't, same as with everything else.

The HSE page is there for firms that use me. I have lost count of the number of jobs I have turned up for only to be told that I can only do the work if I have a platform. I don't need a platform to replace a light fitting. I can use a ladder when the fitting can be reached from a six foot step ladder that I only need to climb half-way-up.

Another myth that annoyed me was when I nicked myself and asked for a plaster as I did not want to bet blood on anything. I was told by the manager that they were not allowed to have plasters any more.

Not sure why telling people what I do and don't do would be scare mongering, or were you referring to my DIY and the law page? That is a very wordy page, but it is also very true. Hey, I have had one customer get me in to do a job because he had read that page and was worried about the job he was considering doing. I got the job. That's why I have insurance and the home DIYer does not. :D

Thanks for being honest, and if you have any other advice or indeed if anyone else does, feel free to offer advice. :LOL:

its gone quiet on the regulation front.

Not saying you are wrong, just that I can't find the relevant legislation. I am only a handyman so can't possibly afford to buy all the relevant books.

Will be working on a job next week with a Corgi fitter and will ask him if he has the book.

Q. seco services, is that the same as Serco?

.............or indeed if anyone else does, feel free to offer advice. :LOL:

A website is how some people find you, it gives their first impression of you. So i would like to ask, what is a paining job?
Johnmelad502's website said:
Our latest paining job.

I would also strongly suggest you change that email address.

if i own a website called diynot.com, my email address would be [email protected] not as yours is [email protected]

By having a @yourisp.com does not give a look of a profesional

Please note the email address used are for example only.

Looks like yet another reg like BS7671.

They want people to conform to them but you are only able to purchase them, they are not freely available to download. :(

I'd have thought that if the water companies wanted people to follow them they would supply a downloadable PDF in this modern electronic age.....

Sponsored Links
Back