Setting up as a handyman?

You miss the point of a handyman seco.

A good handyman will know when to say no to a job as it is beyond him.

The handyman picks up all the little jobs that trades often see as beneath them.

Sponsored Links
You miss the point of a handyman seco.

A good handyman will know when to say no to a job as it is beyond him.

The handyman picks up all the little jobs that trades often see as beneath them.

An example of an up front Handyman:

Removed by moderator

It's also a good example of the sort of charges that are more acceptable in this area. Cumbria is only up the road a little :D

I'll be pinching some of the details from that site too, if I ever get that far :D

OMG!

Now I'm too scared to do owt in my own home.

removed by moderator :D

Sponsored Links
a wonderful example of how to make a potentially good web site into a complete horses arse and instantly nake people think they wont use your services. Shame because some of the other stuff on there is good

What a load of rubbish.

If that guy waffles on that much while working, then I'd definately want a fixed rate not an hourly rate. And some free ear-muffs

£39 to supply/fit a outside tap. whats it one of those cheap bq jobs that uses a washing machine hose.

drunk-irish-048.gif

I have been wondering about the hose ones, would they be less likely to split in icy cold weather?

£39 to supply/fit a outside tap. whats it one of those cheap bq jobs that uses a washing machine hose.

Last year I supplied and fitted 42 outside taps using legally compliant double check valve taps, at a new build.

I brought a job lot at £5.00 each. All other parts came from bits and bobs in my lockup.

The job took me seven days. That was £1,638.00 for a weeks work, not a bad weeks pay for Cumbria.
drunk-irish-048.gif

With all the others I fitted during the spring and summer, I do very nicely at that price thank you

Double%20check%20valve.jpg

Double check valve taps aren't legally compliant. The DCV need to be internal to the property to prevent frost damage.

Double check valve taps aren't legally compliant. The DCV need to be internal to the property to prevent frost damage.

Non return valve, Why fit a non return valve? From the 1st January 1989, water bye-law 18 came into effect requiring any outside tap with a hose pipe fitted to it, to be protected from the dangers of contaminated water being siphoned back into the mains.

Nothing I can find insists on the valce being inside, just advice on protection.

Got to dash, work to do, money to earn.

Dear "Moderator4".

That link was NOT advertising, it was a pertinent link showing me what a handyman service offers, in fact one in a nearby area to me so is in fact very pertinent.

It was NOT an advert, it was an informative link.

The rules you have mentioned say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the posting of links.

Let me mentions a rule that does apply to it.

2)Posts should be relevant to the topic.
It was 100% relevant and I am exceedingly grateful to the poster for letting me know of that site. Not because I want to use the service but because it helped me to understand what sort of work I might be able to do.

I think you were a bit over reacting to that post and removal of the link was wrong!

Isn't it funny how I never see any removal of links to B&Q or Screwfix ?

your abit out of date on your water regs then.
smiley_128.gif

maybe someone will get the job of re-fitting them properly.

Seco, where would one find the current water regs?

Any links will I'm sure be fine as long as they are relevant to the thread and not advertising :D

Sponsored Links
Back