Dell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer Edward, but the old '120t' will be in new freeby ownership very soon. ... Just wordprocessing and a bit of spreadsheeting.

Can I say, never reinstalled '95 on the 120t either !! Just used Norton utils --- DiskDoctor; WinDoctor; Speedisk defrag --- To keep things reasonable -- still doing that on the XPS, BTW the newly accquired XPS, new HDD, reinstalled Win98se, has a registry not a huge amount smaller than my 5 yr hammered XPS -- Down to Norton (another sometimes maligned software ) ...
P ;)

Sponsored Links
I have been into computers since the Sinclair ZX80's...I have had dealings with Dell since about 1987/8, and whilst, like all companies, they have good and bad staff, good and bad times in terms of service, in general they are head and shoulders above any other PC supplier.

The fact that they consistantly win the awards for supply and service tells it's own story.

I always build my own PC's for personal use, but for business it is always DELL, never had any real issues..the odd glitch, but then that's life.

I still have my first personal Dell computer, bought in 1993 and it still works fine!! (No I do not use it as a rule!)

I bought a Dell Optiplex from a Client as it was surplus to their needs, when the motherboard had a fault, Dell repaired the machine in 4 days even though I was not the original purchaser..the 3 years warranty was on the machine, not the individual!! Now that is Service!

There will always be those who have a bad experience with any company, things always go wrong, but I do not think it is helpful to simply rant on a BB about it unless you intend to be objective.

post locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back