Demistify me...

one of those mist/condensation removers you put on window sills on the dash overnight?

Sponsored Links
Don't use the heater fan until the engine has warmed up fully, using the fan will mean it takes longer to heat up. Once at normal temp, don't use the re-circulate feature. Opening a window will let the humid air out.

Quick wipe with a chamios leather sponge and turn your heaters on powerful once the engine is running. Don't drive with a little spot that has been cleared. Make sure the whole screen is clear first even if it means coming out 5 mins earlier.
And clear your side and rear windows as well! :LOL:
It is illegal to drive if your vision is obstructed.

You been watching me :D

Sponsored Links
Don't use the heater fan until the engine has warmed up fully, using the fan will mean it takes longer to heat up. Once at normal temp, don't use the re-circulate feature. Opening a window will let the humid air out.

thanks, but it's not humid air..... it's water that's condensed on the glass.... i'd like to repel it !?

When the water goes from the glass, it will be in the air, that air will be humid.

When the water goes from the glass, it will be in the air, that air will be humid.

Stivino, my apologies, i wasn't trying to score points.... my problem is trying to stop the humid air from condensing on the glass....

If it doesn't go onto the glass it will go onto something else, you must get the humid air out of the car. I think the stuff that stops it going onto the glass is yet to be invented.

If it doesn't go onto the glass it will go onto something else, you must get the humid air out of the car. I think the stuff that stops it going onto the glass is yet to be invented.

but i thought vinegar/shaving foam/white spirit/tomato ketchup/ dulux gloss preventing water forming?

but i thought vinegar/shaving foam/white spirit/tomato ketchup/ dulux gloss preventing water forming?

If you can get the Dulux gloss in clear you'll be laughing, and so will I.
:LOL:

Have you thought of double glazing the car? It's about as sensible as some of the other suggestions.... :rolleyes:

I was told that shaving foam works..
no seriously..

you smear it on a dry screen and wipe it off once it's dried..
leaves a film that prevents misting..

ok the tip was originally for a bathroom mirror but the principal's the same..
Also was told to use WD-40 for bathroom mirror, shaving mirror and shower glass door

When I used to ride motorbikes I found wiping the inside of the visor with a smear of washing up liquid worked brilliantly, just a drop on a tissue then a wipe over, never misted up after that. Not quite so sure it would work on a car windscreen though as your eyes a a lot further away. There are various antimist sprays available though, like the sort used on specs, Im sure a google would turn up a product.

Sponsored Links
Back