Demistify me...

I

imamartian

can anyone recommend a way i can prevent the inside of my windscreen misting up everytime i get in the car?

I have to use a squeegy thing to scrape off all the moisture and then wait 15 minutes for the blowers to clear the screen..... or drive by peering through the small hole the blower makes....

Sponsored Links
what car is it,is the heater matrix leaking??
got any other leaks comming into the car?
do you have aircon?

Sponsored Links
Quick wipe with a chamios leather sponge and turn your heaters on powerful once the engine is running. Don't drive with a little spot that has been cleared. Make sure the whole screen is clear first even if it means coming out 5 mins earlier.
And clear your side and rear windows as well! :LOL:
It is illegal to drive if your vision is obstructed.

ha ha... typical DIYnot responses ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous.... but thanks allthesame

it's an audi a6.... not sure anything is leaking..... and winding the windows down takes about as long and upsets the kids....

I was told that shaving foam works..
no seriously..

you smear it on a dry screen and wipe it off once it's dried..
leaves a film that prevents misting..

ok the tip was originally for a bathroom mirror but the principal's the same..

I was told that shaving foam works..
no seriously..

you smear it on a dry screen and wipe it off once it's dried..
leaves a film that prevents misting..

ok the tip was originally for a bathroom mirror but the principal's the same..

this is the kind of thing i was after.... i'd heard vinegar rubbed in with newspaper and left to dry....

mmm still think you might have a leak somewhere if this keeps on happening?
do you use your aircon at all?if not then you should clears the screen quicker and helps dry the atmos in the car.and it it advisable to use aircon during the winter to stop the seals from drying out.

mmm still think you might have a leak somewhere if this keeps on happening?
do you use your aircon at all?if not then you should clears the screen quicker and helps dry the atmos in the car.and it it advisable to use aircon during the winter to stop the seals from drying out.

Sorry Gregers, it doesn't have aircon.....
Just three young kids and me that need to breathe on the way to school each day... !

try opening the windows :rolleyes:

noseall has already suggested that :rolleyes:
and how does that prevent moisture from forming on the inside of my windscreen?

should i leave the window open al night?

Sponsored Links
Back