Demistify me...

it maybe overkill, but in scandanavia, along with a series of engine heaters, they have a thermstatically controled very small fan heater.
this in turn is all powered via a 110v socket on the front bumper that connects to fly lead overnight, often outlets actually mounted out on the street.

my point being, would a small fan heater left in the car running over night serve to dry the car out?

just like a bed, upholstery can absorb pints of fluid.

just a daft thought :oops:

Sponsored Links
it maybe overkill, but in scandanavia, along with a series of engine heaters, they have a thermstatically controled very small fan heater.
this in turn is all powered via a 110v socket on the front bumper that connects to fly lead overnight, often outlets actually mounted out on the street.

my point being, would a small fan heater left in the car running over night serve to dry the car out?

Or a greenhouse heater - paraffin, er, BOOM

As soon as you climb into the car you begin to fill it with moisture.

Moisture will condense if it hits a cold surface.

Opening the windows gets rid of the moist air replacing it with dry air.

Are we missing something?

Or a greenhouse heater - paraffin, er, BOOM

Dex you can be awfully silly ;)

Sponsored Links
Opening the windows gets rid of the moist air replacing it with dry air.

Are we missing something?
Yes! You have to get into the car, turn on the ignition, then scrape the ice off the windows, nearly break them and the motors winding them down, then wait for the moisture you just introduced into the car by getting in, to clear from the screen! :rolleyes: The whole thing is flawed. :idea:

Just detach your front door key from your ignition key, start it up, heat, fan, rear demister and AC on full, retreat to warmth of house and watch it thaw out while eating brekkie (though if like me you awaken at 5am, the house is probably as cold as outside).

Steve";p="1444387 said:
Just detach your front door key from your ignition key, start it up, heat, fan, rear demister and AC on full, retreat to warmth of house and watch it thaw out while eating brekkie (though if like me you awaken at 5am, the house is probably as cold as outside).

.....and wave goodbye to £1500 worth of insurance and your precious car. :rolleyes:

.....and wave goodbye to £1500 worth of insurance and your precious car. :rolleyes:
Clearly only an option where you feel confident doing this, but I'd love to see a car thief awake at 5am, trying to drive a car with zero visibility through the screen, on ice. :LOL: A good time to have a drive post installed.

I live in a nice area :cool:

i still think that if there is that much moisture in your car,then there is a leak somewhere.
i used to have a car that was the same as this,where you had to take a scraper to the inside,turned out under the scuttle the metal had rotted away and was letting in water big time.

i still think that if there is that much moisture in your car,then there is a leak somewhere.
i used to have a car that was the same as this,where you had to take a scraper to the inside,turned out under the scuttle the metal had rotted away and was letting in water big time.
Surely leaks are easy enough to find? I mean they're not usually found in cars....

Leek2007.jpg

Alright, alright, I used a little bit of creative licence in that post.

2 litre bottle of warm water does the trick ( not boiling.. fill from cold and let the hot tap get hot.. )..

you could buy a cheap hot blanket and throw that over the windscreen..

( now there's one for dragons den.. a heated blanket that's waterproof and foil covered on one side to keep the heat in the car.. _)

or a stick on heated window? ( another great idea for dragons den.. a clear film with a heated window wire in it that you stick to the windscreen.. either hardwired or on a cigarette plug.. )

2 litre bottle of warm water does the trick ( not boiling.. fill from cold and let the hot tap get hot.. )..

you could buy a cheap hot blanket and throw that over the windscreen..

( now there's one for dragons den.. a heated blanket that's waterproof and foil covered on one side to keep the heat in the car.. _)

or a stick on heated window? ( another great idea for dragons den.. a clear film with a heated window wire in it that you stick to the windscreen.. either hardwired or on a cigarette plug.. )
Of course they'd have to be applied the night before other wise it's back to old scrapey!

Isn't that a sheep disease? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back