Democracy working

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
And nor have I so let's do the democratic thing and have a GE.. If Labour win and have a 2nd ref that decides to stay then I will for one except and get on with life.
The consensus amongst Parliament is that a GE will clash with the Brexit date set for the end of October. In other words a GE would mean exiting the EU by default and without a deal.

Not going to happen this side of October 31st boyo.

If on the other hand Brexers wish to delay Brexit whilst a GE takes place...….

The consensus amongst Parliament is that a GE will clash with the Brexit date set for the end of October. In other words a GE would mean exiting the EU by default and without a deal.

Not going to happen this side of October 31st boyo.

If on the other hand Brexers wish to delay Brexit whilst a GE takes place...….

I think it fair that Boris asks for and extension to allow us to have a GE. The winner of a GE takes us forward without having their hands tied. Would you be happy for that.

f you win then we stay

It isnt about winning.

There arent any winners in this Brexit process.

3 years of negotistions has caused economic damagevthat will take many years to repair
The indecision has been the main cost not the vote to leave per se

3 years of disagreement will cause decades to heal the division.
No side will change their mind.

The winner of a GE takes us forward without having their hands tied.

I think sadly that Boris Johnson will win an election then we will have a really hard right governmentbof careerists and entryists.

Its unlikely he will get much of a majority so the fighting will continue.

If he does get a majority he will be very dangerous and will try to get a no deal in January.
You might think you want that, but you really really dont.

A labour win followed by a confirmatory vote is I think the best option.
Those that want to leave the EU can vote for it, they cant complain its not democratic as the power is back in their hands.

There's only one problem with that scenario - Corbyn!
The danger with Corbyn is that he is in a bubble and only represents the labour party members not the MPs or traditional voters.

His policies actually arent too bad.

Surely you;would prefer Corbyn to another 5 years of neo liberal privatisation?
The Johnson cabinet are a thoroughly self serving unpleasant bunch. -the decent MPs with integrity have been booted out.

I dont feel Labour cabinet are self serving, they care about inequality.

Because of this you deny democracy
Do you think breaking the law to push your political ideas through is democratic?

Do you think sacking senior MP's who disagree with damaging party policy is democratic?

Do you think for one minute Bozza gives a hoot about democracy?

Surely you;would prefer Corbyn to another 5 years of neo liberal privatisation?
As I said previously, I don't think he is PM material...

It is not his policies (many good, some wacky), it is the person.

He wouldn't attract enough votes in key seats which would be needed to win power under our antiquated voting system...

And to be honest, I wouldn't trust him to actually implement another referendum!

Of course you seem to have agreed earlier

Notch7, Tuesday at 10:41 AM "Corbyn has to go and they need a new moderate leader"

Sponsored Links
Back