General election. Answer me this:

Ok Mr pedantic. I’ll rephrase it for you.
Nothing pedantic about it...

Quitters like to say that the majority of people voted to leave, but that is equally untrue!

It’s entirely possible that the party with the highest number of seats could have less votes that the party with the second highest number of seats.
It is indeed 'entirely possible'...

In fact it has happened in the past - in favour of both the tories and Labour!

And of course it shows that our antiquated electoral system is undemocratic - a minority of the electorate always holds sway over the majority!

It's ironic how quitters point to the EU and claim how undemocratic that organisation is, when MEP's are elected by the much fairer proportional representation method!

Edit: New Zealand changed their electoral system years ago after "two wrong winner elections in a row", and replaced FPTP with a form of PR (or MMP)...

Funnily enough they asked the electorate in a referendum...

Only they had the sense to call it a binding referendum!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So who on here exactly does know about the EU?
You have a choice, you can continue repeating the same entrenched sounbites based on ignorance

Or you could furnish yourself with some knowledge......nformation about the EU is available.

You wont read anything that challenges your view....you dont have the courage to be open minded.

Your choice.

I was given a vote. I used that vote. No one said I'd have to back up that vote with a degree...
No of course not.

If you wanted to sort out a problem with a boiler or how to analyse flue gases, you would ask an expert, read a manual, ring the manufacturer.
You wouldnt just say 'I dont have a degree'.

It's ironic how quitters point to the EU and claim how undemocratic that organisation is, when MEP's are elected by the much fairer proportional representation method!

Sounds great. Tell me how that would work in a leave/stay referendum though.

Serious question - had the referendum resulted in the results being switched, would the remainers still be saying it was an unfair way of deciding?

Sponsored Links
Yet you want to keep me in a union I don't want.
You want to leave a union out of ignorance.

I dont want to leave that union because Ive learnt of the damage that it will cause.

You have a choice, you can continue repeating the same entrenched sounbites based on ignorance

Or you could furnish yourself with some knowledge......nformation about the EU is available.

You wont read anything that challenges your view....you dont have the courage to be open minded.

Your choice.

Information about the EU is indeed available and should be researched with an open mind. I would suggest a good starting point is 2011 when Silvio Berlusconi held secret talks about leaving the euro, and his subsequent fate, and how the eu appointed their own Italian leader. Read about Greece and their similar struggles.
Germany will protect the euro no matter what cost, no matter which countries are crushed in the process.

One thing is for sure, the eu make Boris look like a beacon of democracy.

Serious question - had the referendum resulted in the results being switched, would the remainers still be saying it was an unfair way of deciding?
Ask farage as to what is fair or unfair...

Narrow Remain win may lead to second referendum

"There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said.

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the Remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

Sponsored Links
Back