General election. Answer me this:

mottie thinks that 37% is a decisive majority.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if you are a sheep, happily being lead to the slaughter, then yes, that it a fair statement. For everybody else, it's time to fight!

How are you fighting Jon... Is this it? On this forum

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe we ought to refer back to your comment in order to help you out over your confusion...

What happens when the majority vote for a Conservative government and you voted labour?
I was simply pointing out that the majority has never voted conservative when pitted against labour...

So could you tell us when the conservative party last got more than 50% of the vote?

Or any party for that matter

Ok Mr pedantic. I’ll rephrase it for you.

What happens when one party gains more seats that the other and forms a government. Do we hear of the second highest party goes to court squealing "It’s not fair”. It’s entirely possible that the party with the highest number of seats could have less votes that the party with the second highest number of seats. No squealing or court appeals then, is there?

Can some one please explain to me what democracy means to Northern Ireland, and Gibraltar ???

Northern Ireland voted 56% to remain in the EU.

Gibraltar voted 96% to remain in the EU.

or dont we give a damn about our dependencys

Had we voted remain and they voted leave, would you be arguing they didn't vote to stay in and have been robbed of democracy?

Individuals voted, the votes where counted, it was votes, not seats, or bananas.

A referendum is probably one of the few times where we get a democratic vote. Every vote is counted.

Can some one please explain to me what democracy means to Northern Ireland, and Gibraltar ???

Northern Ireland voted 56% to remain in the EU.

Gibraltar voted 96% to remain in the EU.

or dont we give a damn about our dependencys
London voted to remain, Scotland voted to remain.
What is your point.

Maybe we ought to refer back to your comment in order to help you out over your confusion...

I was simply pointing out that the majority has never voted conservative when pitted against labour...

So could you tell us when the conservative party last got more than 50% of the vote?

When was the last time the majority voted Labour when pitted against the Conservatives.

When was the last time the majority voted Labour when pitted against the Conservatives.
Someone else who can't read!

The clue is in "Or any party for that matter" :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back