Dents in laminate flooring - how to fill in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have wooden laminate flooring downstairs which the previous owners laid. It’s not been fitted well but for now we aren’t looking to replace as the flooring runs through 3 rooms so would be very expensive. However there are some dents throughout which I would like to fill in if possible - I’ve seen wax sticks, are these any good? Ihave attached a photo - I know a colour match will be tricky but how would you suggest repairing these? This is just a few of them. Mostly we don’t notice them but would be good to improve if possible. Thanks

Attachments

• 5A1D5998-0C77-4E46-A736-B8CF093D8B4A.png
    5A1D5998-0C77-4E46-A736-B8CF093D8B4A.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
in my humble opinion to do anything will highlight the problem not reduce it
is the surface a real wood [random pattern not repeated ]
or a photo Finnish with a visal repeat in more than one area??

I can't see a way of repairing that very easily, it does'nt look like a laminate, more like a very thin veneer of real wood?

Sponsored Links
its cheap MDF flooring, if you want to do anything to it just seal it with a little varnish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back