desktop socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've after a desktop socket or even one of thoes pop-up sockets but they are very expensive, even on ebay.

All I need is a switched double socket above the desk that can plug into the wall socket below the desk. I've thougth of a switched extension gang but I do like the pop-up or desk top sockets.

Can someone tell if if its a no-no to wire a 13a plug into a switched socket, housed in an enclosure such as a wooden box. I think I know the answer but thought I would just check and to see if anyone has any alternative suggestions.

Many Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Connect the ddesk-top socket up using 1.5 or 2.5mm flexible cable into a normal plug with a 13A fuse in it.

Plug that into the existing socket - job done.

Thanks for that - so just to confirm...

So I can take a dry lining backbox and install it in a custom made wooden box and then wire up a double socket as described by Taylortwocities?

Many Thanks

Mike

to keep the computer cables nice an tidy place the socket in the knee well at the top underneath then all the excess cable will hang down in a big loop with little or non on the ground ;)
the cable can then ether go up the back or through a flap onto the top

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Mike
if you are still across this forum and still after a desk socket I found this in a CPC/Farnell flyer

I cant link to it but if you search for order code PL0997187 it is an 8 way desk socket with surge protection for £21.35 &vat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back