Detached Garage Electrics - Have they been done right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a detached garage with an electrical supply fitted by the previous owners. Given the state of the other DIY, i want to make sure is is safe.

I have a 3x2.5mm armoured cable that comes out the side of the house, runs under the patio and then into the garage.

The cable goes straight into the bottom of a double socket, to one side of the socket is a fused switch running a single LED strip light, above the socket is a fuse that powers two external LED floodlights.

My previous garage had its own consumer unit so this is all new to me.
I presume the wire from the house runs from the back of a socket in the living room as that is where it enters.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Using FCU gets around the Part P building regulations in England for notifying works, and nothing wrong with doing it that way, would want 2.5 mm² SWA to be fused 25 amp or less at origin, but since fused at destination there would be unlikely to be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back