DeWalt 18V XR Brushless - Is it faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I've used this power drill a couple of times and just realised that the chuck spring in and out. Anyone knows is it faulty or normal?

You may take look at the clips below, which I uploaded for reference.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's not on the hammer position (on the clip) and they are the same for every positions.

Last edited:
ok i have several cordless drills dewalt ryobi and bosch have just been out and tried them all
the ones without hammer have no movement when compressed or pulled
but all with hammer will pull out a mm or two so wouldn't be overly worried if it functions correctly in other ways

Sponsored Links
I do remember that before using the hammer mode there was no movement. Once since i did use the hammer mode to drill a wall it seem to chance everything. Just abit frustrated for the price i paid and only use a fews times.

did you take it back,
Mine does the same in all settings, the DCD778 - cheapest version i think they do :( I thought i was getting a different set at the time, but.... not to be)

I didn't take it back. I went to screwfix to check the display one. I thought I it was the same but after I left i just couldn't remember if I test it on all of the setting because at the moment my 3years boy kept me busy and I totally forgot about it. Since then I got no chance to go there again. Probably you should try test the display one as well. Let me know if you got the chance to do so. Thanks

Probably you should try test the display one as well. Let me know if you got the chance to do so. Thanks
Why do i need to go back and test the display one !!!!!!

They don't have them on display at most of the screwfix stores i goto
I did actually go back and check ALL the drills they had in stock, as mine has chuck wobble - been told by dewalt thats normal - so went bqck and tried them all - and choose the best out of the 4 they had

I will change to a 3 speed drill soon, as soon as i can find a store with a few in to test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back