Dewalt combi advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In a bit of a dilemma. I have a dewalt DC759KA drill driver. It's been great but I've moved to a 30s build house and it's brick walls everywhere so thinking of getting a new combi drill to replace this one as it's pretty hard going drilling into the walls.

Screwfix have an offer on the DCD785 which seems pretty good. Should I go for this or find a bare unit only to fit my current batteries? Are the new models significantly better than the old NiCad units?

Also, will I see a big difference between a combi and my current drill?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome gingernugget :D :D :D

yes it will do as it has hammer action but like any battery drill will struggle on the hardest materials possibly 5% off the time on average

Thanks for the replies.

Don't know about the SDS. These are a lot more expensive and sound like overkill for my needs, plus corded is just more hassle than cordless.

The house has a lot of brick but I'm really only putting rawl plug fixings in so looking at 7mm or 8mm holes and maybe 40-50mm depth.

The current drill can do it but it takes a while and a lot of force. Maybe a change of drill bits might help, though the impact feature sounds like it will make it much easier. Just trying to figure out the best option given that I already have 2 battery packs albeit NiCad but they've never given me any issues.

Sponsored Links
An SDS is the correct tool for dealing with hard brick.
his origional drill was not a hammer drill
and any battery drill over 2 years old will down on power by between 10 and 30%

but if most off its uses are drilling wood screwing and general diy an sds is not the correct tool

He needs some blue Bosch multi drill bits.

Yeah I've heard those recommended a few times. Think I'll grab a set and try them in my current drill to see how it fares.

Hi,

In a bit of a dilemma. I have a dewalt DC759KA drill driver. It's been great but I've moved to a 30s build house and it's brick walls everywhere so thinking of getting a new combi drill to replace this one as it's pretty hard going drilling into the walls.

Screwfix have an offer on the DCD785 which seems pretty good. Should I go for this or find a bare unit only to fit my current batteries? Are the new models significantly better than the old NiCad units?

Also, will I see a big difference between a combi and my current drill?

Cheers
There is a massive difference between a drill with hammer action and one without , like wise between a cordless or corded hammer drill and a sds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back