Diaphram for Ravenheat LS 100!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone inform me were I can get a Diaphram for a Ravenheat White Star LS 100.. I've been informed I need the valve. This is not the 8 screw Gianoni type that I've come across before, but a smaller 4 screw type. Still a pig to get at.

Sponsored Links
I took one apart a while back and it sure looked like an ordinary giannoni diaphragm. Worth a gamble I reckon for what they cost.

http://www.bes.co.uk/

Diaphragm with spindle and spring, fully assembled for ease of replacement.
Part No. Description Unit Price Qty
17115 Universal diverter repair kit £4.50

First thing is to check that saddle switch. It works back to front like a brake light switch.
ie. pin out = on = make connection
pin pushed in = off = break connection
So if you take the clip off the boiler should fire..... Quick get the pin pushed back in! lol
Often the diverter wont move properly because it is passing. What I mean there is that the system water end is so full of crud that the valve cant move across to the HW position and it passes the 'hot system water' into the heating system instead of the plate heat exchanger resulting in lukewarm tap water. Being a very common DIY boiler this is probably why they say you cant get the diaphragm / don't supply it. Diyers don't usually flush the systems as per the manufacturers instructions!

I recently came across one of these where the previous guy had diagnosed and replaced the diverter. The problem was still occurring. When I checked the CH thermistor [The usual#1 culprit ] I found it was ok and for once it was the more logical sounding DHW thermistor that was causing the problem

Many thanks.
Didn't want to take apart without replacement as bottom R/H screw is near-on impossible to get at. Allready checked saddle switch and boiler fires.
So I'll take your advice and strip it down, I had a Giannoni diaphram on van, but valve looked smaller (I Know Spec-savers lol). Thanks again for help and advice.

The Giannoni diaphragms for most models are the same however the pins they hold are different. The Ravenheat’s are shorter, as are Alpha’s (same length). I always hate it when manufacturers say there are no replacements or repair kits when there clearly is (if you look hard enough). Shame on them. Spares are available for these from a different source. Or you can use the existing Ravenheat stem and integrate it with a new standard (stem) diaphragm, though you will have to make a compression unit to make this job easy.

I am currently compiling classic examples of rip prices by manufactures for the same product, some by as much as 500% if anyone is interested.

Sponsored Links
I am currently compiling classic examples of rip prices by manufactures for the same product, some by as much as 500% if anyone is interested.
One for your compilation I can think of is vokera part number 8484 is the same as heatline vizo DHW thermistor. Theres about a £15 price difference normally. Curzons have an offer of 5 for £25 +vat at the moment just on this part

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back