Did you have a job during high school/sixth form?

Sponsored Links
Washed up, £18.50 for a 5.5 hour shift.

Sponsored Links
Not really I joined the army as soon as I left school at 15. April 66 was my join date and in December 66 I was 16, as an electronics apprentice at the Army Apprentice School Harrogate as it was back then. Went into what they called "mans service" Royal Signals 1970 and demobbed 1977. So whilst we didn't have sixth forms as such back then I suppose that as I carried on my education and trade training in Harrogate that could be considered sixth form. I was paid 30 shillings one week and a pound the second week, only for three months though whilst in my first term of basic training. Pay went up after that but not by much.

I was 4 months old on your 16th birthday!!
:ROFLMAO:
There ya go but don't worry you will soon be 72 years old. Believe me you get there way way quicker than you realise. I can remember that time in my life like it was yesterday. Actually I have more difficulty remembering yesterday than I do remembering those times.

Fred,

I'm sorry. Reading it back, it sounds as if I was being mean. It wasn't intended.

But I agree. When my eldest lad (b.1999) was 1, we held a big birthday party and invited the neighbours. One told me how time goes quicker the older you get.

Thanks, Martin!!

Now, 23 and a half years later, I look back and say, where did it go??

I'm a bit in mourning for my youth! Just last week, I came out of the cinema having watched Back To The Future and now I'm 56........

Sponsored Links
Back