Digging a trench in my front garden

• Thread starter Jethro_1111
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
if no one complains your fine :D
like most things the more thoughtful you are the less chance there is off upsetting people causing an item to come to the planning departments attention and there interopation wrongly or rightly off what's allowed :rolleyes:
Its a bit bonkers really.

Its OK to just have this:

upload_2020-12-8_18-14-52.png

But in theory you need to ask for permission to have this:

upload_2020-12-8_18-15-34.png

you may find there is local "guidance " and you will be allowed without fuss but would you be the one who wants the hassle when selling up:D

Out of 100, how many people would imagine that planning permission was needed for a bin store?

Sponsored Links
It would be deemed as an outbuilding, so yes if it doesn’t meet the PD criteria or PD rights have been removed. Whether the LPA would take action without an application is another question.

If it’s in the relation to the creation of new dwelling units via new build or change of use, then yes. Or more so to be ‘included’ on an application than requiring Planning solely for the structure or enclosure.

As I said - it is a bit bonkers. Just like there are maximum dimensions to be allowed under PD there really ought to be minimum ones below which neither PP nor PD is required. I cant believe that anbody would rather look out at a wheelie bin in their neighbours garden than a wheelie bin store.

I guess that technically putting one of these in a front garden would require PP?

2018-G2579 2000x2000 LS 2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back