dilema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a job at a factory near that has come up for grabs, at a chemical works, it's only about £250 a week before tax etc. I haven't worked for a while now and spend my nights drinking cans of beer.

The supervisor knows me, as my daughter has a daughter at three yrs old to his son, though my daughter and his son no longer are together, (his loss).

A relative of his wants the job, so do a few of his local people/friends.

So do i.

Cut a long one short, my daughter sees the supervisor and his wife every saturday so the can see their ggrandaughterI told my daughter to tell him, i'm willing to pay £300 for the job,my missus has kicked off saying i'm a clown offering money for a job. i know £300 is a lot to him,as theyr'e always skint.

Am i wrong ? What is £300 when i can turn that into £2000 +, in ten weeks,? Hoping to get an answer off him in the next 24 hrs.

Or is it morally wrong in todays climate?

Sponsored Links
Yes it's morally wrong, and probably illegal too, but I'm no lawyer.

It's a bung after all.

Having said that in the grand scheme of things it's not like you are going out stealing, dealing drugs or mugging old ladies, which are far worse.

His mates are probably offering him drinks down the pub as an inducement.

Dont bank on it Mister G.

The idiot wastes all his cash on beer and puff as it is. :rolleyes:

Paul.

Sponsored Links
paul,
if youv'e no constructive advice to offer,please keep your daft comments to yourself.
I do drink, as stated, i didn't think having a smoke was detrimentel to my question.

I think your rather ignorant to people because i have a different type of life to you.? which is not of my choice.

We live in difficult times, which require unusual or morally dubious methods to survive. Do the best for yourself and your family. Don't listen to the doubters.

The whole world works like this, from our dodgy MPs downwards. If you want to work, instead of staring at a TV all day, you've done the right thing!

JML502,

This is the 2nd time you've questioned this. :eek: :rolleyes:

Ive had made this comment based on previous posts made by the op.

Are you defending your 'alter ego'?

Paul.

We live in difficult times, which require unusual or morally dubious methods to survive. Do the best for yourself and your family. Don't listen to the doubters.

The whole world works like this, from our dodgy MPs downwards. If you want to work, instead of staring at a TV all day, you've done the right thing!
You know, I think I agree with that.

paul,
if youv'e no constructive advice to offer,please keep your daft comments to yourself.
Then you do the same, and dont brag about drink driving (or were you too pi s sed to remember posting that?)
I do drink, as stated, i didn't think having a smoke was detrimentel to my question.
Bunging some bloke aint gonna get you a job if your turn up stinking of drink and your clothes smelling of weed.
I think your rather ignorant to people because i have a different type of life to you.? which is not of my choice.
Why is not your choice. I grew up in a rough area of Glasgow, but Ive made something of my life. That was my choice. I could have jagged up like a lot of my mates and sat on my lazy arse.

Paul.

LLL, you should have applied for job.
I'm aware times must be tough, leave underhand methods, to underhand people.
Apply for the job as you would with any other, can't think of any thing worse than having work colleagues, that know I've paid to work with them.
Who to say the guy takes the money then, gets shut of you next week?

Superb positive thinking......
Good luck to ya.......

Dont bank on it Mister G.
The idiot wastes all his cash on beer and puff as it is. :rolleyes:
Paul.

The words pot and kettle spring to mind.......... :rolleyes:
Some people have **** lives for a multitude of reasons .......if he wants to better himself...Fair play to him.

JML502,

This is the 2nd time you've questioned this. :eek: :rolleyes:

Ive had made this comment based on previous posts made by the op.

Are you defending your 'alter ego'?

Paul.

No. Just think you are posting under different user names.

Now, now, don't get violent... :LOL:

if he wants to better himself...Fair play to him.

And of course, by bribing his potential employer he is bettering himself. :rolleyes:
You gain a job on merit. ;)

LMB, I used to drink... everyday. I used to smoke 60 Marlboro a day. :mad:
I now have a good drink now and again, the smoking has stopped and I have £3 large for Christmas due to it.

I have joined a gym (but I run every day - not for far, granted) but I took positive steps.

Paul.

Haha.I have 1 username.

Id like to hear who you think I am though. :confused:

EDIT: Your too far away to throw a glass of water over you, but looking at you location, I guess I dont need to. ;)

If you give him £300 to get the job, how much are you going to give him when he wants to pay you off?

Sponsored Links
Back