China executes Briton over drugs

Sponsored Links
yes I do belong to the hang 'em, flog 'em brigade, and proud of it..

if there is no doubt that a serious crime has been commited then I'm all for the death penalty..

caught with a suitcase full of drugs by a couple of customs guys is pretty damn doubtless...

caught with your knob in a 12 year old choir boy.. same thing execute the sicko..

walk into a crowded room and open fire..... it's all the same..

if there is no doubt that a serious crime has been commited then I'm all for the death penalty..

In this case, doubt was raised as to the mental health of this man.
While there is no doubt that he commited the crime, there is doubt as to whether he was aware of his actions, having been duped into carrying a case/or it's possible that he was distracted for long enough that the drugs were placed there. This wasn't a suitcase full of drugs as has been suggested, it's 4kg of drugs in a suitcase, not the same thing.

So if whilst suffering from a manic episode he was tricked into carrying the suitcase, do you still think it right that he should be killed?

China did the right thing and has saved us a fortune in benefits/nhs payments for this nutcase.

Was he really British? Not a very british name he has is it. . . . .

Sponsored Links
China did the right thing and has saved us a fortune in benefits/nhs payments for this nutcase.

Was he really British? Not a very british name he has is it. . . . .

Exactly, crime paid for ,, done and dusted.

I think he was married to an English woman.

all coljack is saying is the punishment fits the crime , what problem do you have with this .
The death penalty is not the correct punishment for any crime IMO..

caught with a suitcase full of drugs by a couple of customs guys is pretty damn doubtless...
So no leeway at all then?...Because it's not a case of 'no doubt', as there is the possibility that the only 'crime' he was guilty of was being stupid enough to carry someone else's luggage, and his awareness of that 'stupidity' is in question.

But then of course I suppose you believe that there are no miscarriages of justice at all... :rolleyes:

Just tot up how many innocent people you would have executed that have now been proven innocent where there was apparently 'no doubt'... ;)

It's always easy to have a simple viewpoint on execution until it's the day you are accused then circumstances become important all of a sudden.

The Chinese are not responsible for this mans death, the people responsible are those who buy illegal drugs thereby creating a demand for this stuff.

The Chinese are not responsible for this mans death, the people responsible are those who buy illegal drugs thereby creating a demand for this stuff.
Chicken and egg time...if the drugs weren't out there, people wouldn't be able to try them in the first place!

there are loads of people convivted of trafficking and selling and using in the UK all the time, do they learn to refrain after serving a sentence ?

or do they learn how to be better criminals?

a lot come out with even more bloated ego's-- i'v spent time in so and so prison you have to be tuff to be in there, what bulshit.

capital punishment is what the topic is but it's not the only answer,

don't give the criminal any favour's is my rule.

Having read through this thread, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the alleged harvesting of organs from the recipients of capital punishment in China.

This is why they are shot through the back of the neck, so as not to damage useful organs.

Personally I'm all for it, might as well put 'em to good use.

Having read through this thread, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the alleged harvesting of organs from the recipients of capital punishment in China.

This is why they are shot through the back of the neck, so as not to damage useful organs.

But this chap in Question received a lethal injection so his organs are'nt going to be much good are they?

But this chap in Question received a lethal injection so his organs are'nt going to be much good are they?

Didn't know that oompah :oops:

they might have taken the organs out before administering the injection, :eek:

They do things a little differently over there you know.

they might have taken the organs out before administering the injection, :eek:

They do things a little differently over there you know.
What! the the execution is a cover story for allowing him to bleed to death :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back