Dimplex Opti myst fire problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model ENG56-600B
S/no M1700033
Installed April 2017

The fire shut down with some water still in the tank but it may have been at the minimum level. Topped up the tank, no mist. I bought some replacement discs and fitted one to the existing transducer, no mist. I fitted a new transducer, no mist. The fan works when connected to 24v but is not working when connected to the fire. When I switch on the lamps work but can't hear the click when the fan and mist should start? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I don't know if this will be of any use at all! :)
Attached is the service manual for a similar model cassette.
It may give you some ideas and trouble shooting info.
I hope that helps! :)

Attachments

• dfi400lh.pdf
    847.2 KB · Views: 502
Hi
I recently looked at a Dimplex Opti Myst for a neighbour of mine. He had replaced the transducer and the fan in the course of trying to get it too work. No joy, 2 beeps after about 30 seconds which means the water is low. The water wasn't low but the control board clearly thought something wasn't right. I undid the back cover (top two screws), which then hinges down to expose the power supplies and the control board. In the course of tracing 24v to the transducer and the fan, I found that the connector the fan plugs into had very dodgy connections, you could pull them backwards out of the plastic connector. I pushed these firmly back into place and plugged the fan back in, making sure the leads weren't pushed back out, and hooray, everything worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back