Dimplex Opti-Myst problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
didn't know if this should be posted here or under domestic appliances. However the fire is a brookline BKL 20, 7 or 8 years old. The problem is the smoke / flame effect stopped working. I traced the problem to the sump fan, sometimes referred to as the mist Motor, which was not working. I tracked a new one down online & it arrived today but unfortunately it still don't work. it seems a coincidence that both wont work. The fan is connected to the wiring by a tiny plug & socket then the wire disappears into the main wiring harness. Has anyone any ideas how I can make further tests.

Any help would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
This has come up before. Have you tried searching Dimplex & Opti-myst?

Hi securespark,
thanks for that, just finished a search only to find nothing which answered my problem. plenty on the mist motor, how to check it ect which was done last week. What would be useful is to find out if the wire coming from the harness is live or has something gone wrong further along the line. its still possible that the new one is faulty, I will be taking this up with the suppler later today.

Sponsored Links
Have been trying to find someone to repair the fire without success, dimplex not sending engineers out because of the epidemic, local electrical shop sells them but won't repair them. Has anyone got any ideas what further tests I can carry out.
Any help would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back