DIN RAIL TIMER GREEN BROOK T80-C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i wanted some advice on wiring some garden lights 10 to be exact. 6 bollard lamp posts and 4 brick lights. My intention is to purchase a din rail timer the one that i've seen is a green brook t80-c.
The problem i'm having is understanding exactly how to wire it, my lights will be in series, i want them to come on at night all together.
looking at the instructions i cant get my head around the wiring of it can anyone advise in lame terms how to do this if i attach the instruction manual please.

http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/pdf/T80-C.pdf

regards

tony

Sponsored Links
Line and Neutral from supply into terminals 1 + 2 respectively. Link from terminal 1 to 3. Line out to lights from terminal 4.
The Neutral to the lights will also need to be joined to the supply Neutral either in terminal 2 if there is room or in a connector. Either way the timer requires a Neutral.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part_p

Sponsored Links
despite how you may think of them, they will be wired in parallel.
you're thinking series because you will take one cable to a light, then on to the next and so on in 1 line, but there are 3 wires in that cable, a live, neutral and earth..

despite how you may think of them, they will be wired in parallel.
you're thinking series because you will take one cable to a light, then on to the next and so on in 1 line, but there are 3 wires in that cable, a live, neutral and earth..
ok yep i suppose your right.
thanks

This work is notifiable to your LABC under Part P of the building regulations too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back