Dirty rain!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just went out to the car, it had been raining lightly and I thought the sky looked a bit orange. Got to the car and it looked like someone had chucked a bucket of sand over it! All the cars were covered in it. I presume it's sand from the Sahara. Anyone else getting it?

AD15D0A1-DCC7-425A-9936-902416206310.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes, Sahara sand.
The sun/sky goes red because it blocks the shorter wavelengths, as opposed to the Rayleigh effect which scatters them and makes the sky look blue.... Tell your mum she'll be dead impressed.

We went out to get some chips a bit earlier and noted our big black automatic cars all three of them have turned light brown and sky is quite red but not as red as it was a few years ago when people panicked.

Sponsored Links
Was forecast on the radio this morning. It's thought the foot and mouth outbreak of 2001 was caused by Saharan sand. There was a large storm a couple of weeks before and F&M is rife in the Sahara.

Washed the bird **** off my car this morning. Typical.

IMG_20220315_150751714_2.jpg

I thought it was our building work dust.
Then I drove to tesco and saw all other cars covered in red dust :LOL:

Try folding your mirror in. Look like he's checking himself out on a regular basis and having a crap while he's at it!

Yeah done that now. Funny, I washed the car, then came in the house and after about 10 minutes realised I forgot to cover the mirror, and went out and he was there again! Luckily I was just in time.

Sponsored Links
Back