Disabling Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a house with an alarm which can be silenced only by switching off the ring which also powers the sockets in the house.The occupant died and no record of the alarm code was left.Is there an easy way to disable by resetting to the factory default?I do know the installers but suspect there will be a callout fee etc.

I would be very grateful for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Well, the most pertinent question has been asked already:-

What make is the alarm.

If the alarm can only be silenced by turning off a complete ring main, one can assume there is no fully charged backup battery and that the alarm is sounding of it's own accord externally at the warning device due to a hold off failure. So back to our colleague's question:

What make is the alarm:

In the meantime, look for a metal or plastic box about 30cms roughly with a square block (usually plastic) beside or near it). Try in a closet, under the stairs or in a cloakroom. The metal or plastic box is the control panel and the square block is a 'mains fused spur'. This looks like an ordinary plug socket without the three prong inserts. Instead, it has a removable fuse in the centre, prise the fuse holder out, and remove the fuse. You should then be able to use the ring main until we can find some answers to your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back