Disgusting Behaviour By Bailiffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still don't get it do you ? By the time it's got to the stage where you are having ping pong with some silly debt company it's already too late. You ignore them completely. Zero communication. That means no letters, no door step conversations, no angry shouting matches on the phone. Why are you wasting your time reading entrapment legislation ?

That all depends on the legitimacy of the debt.

Ignoring a fixed penalty notice worth £60 could cost you £600.

A parking charge notice: worth a punt.

Sponsored Links
I used to be strongly against the baillifs here but now I'm more critical of punters for not knowing their rights. I could list you about 15 ways to avoid it ever getting to the stage where you are losing your motor over a bus lane fine. Frankly, it gets tiring when people don't inform themselves and end up doing all the wrong things , losing their property to some cowboy debt collector and then moaning about it.

The baillifs might be crooks and believe you me the council are as well and it goes right to the very top, but if you play their games without knowing the rules, and lose, you're the mug, and you deserve what you get. I've had countless fines and not paid one. Actually I used to pay them before I knew how the game works. And believe me when I say it's a game. It's all a game.

I know ,what your saying, but,
how long before they right you off, or do they just put you in file, until one day they nab you for something you cannot avoid then they uproot all your fines, plus charges.
but for me, if I get a parking fine, I am gutted, but I just pay straight away, as soon as, its out the way, I move on. I don't want to be watching my back every five minutes. that's not a life.I don't like paying t.v licence, but I do, because its just hassle to keep avoiding letters, warnings ect, maybe I am a mug, but a free mug.

I don't want to be watching my back every five minutes
Paranoid Hawk has no dependants, lives in a windowless cave, no letterbox or doorbell and no postcode. He has no passport, no incoming mail and refuses to travel.

that's not a life
Not the best no, but it suits Paranoid Hawk. He thinks his neo-reclusive-trapped-petrified-monk lifestyle is great and should be copied.
Nutty old Hawk. (y)

If the private car park firm has a high compliance rate, then they probably won’t go after the registered keeper of a vehicle which has incurred parking charges. So hawks strategy can work. However, some have geared up to process claims through the court very efficiently and if you ignore court papers you’ll be landed with another £200 on top. If you ignore the ruling, you’ll have a CCJ within 2 weeks and then they will apply to enforce adding another £100 - on top you have enforcer charges and interest. So £100 will be about £600. However, offering settlement before the hearing would reduce that to £200. If your settlement was rejected, but deemed close enough by the judge - the claimant can’t recover legal / hearing costs leaving them with costs equivalent to their claim.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I know ,what your saying, but,
how long before they right you off, or do they just put you in file, until one day they nab you for something you cannot avoid then they uproot all your fines, plus charges.
but for me, if I get a parking fine, I am gutted, but I just pay straight away, as soon as, its out the way, I move on. I don't want to be watching my back every five minutes. that's not a life.I don't like paying t.v licence, but I do, because its just hassle to keep avoiding letters, warnings ect, maybe I am a mug, but a free mug.

For a Civil claim they have 6 years*. TV licensing hasn't yet been decriminalised.

* https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58

For the cost of a penalty charge notice, ie legitimate parking fine, its not worth the agro to avoid paying it.

If you deserve the fine, its only fair to cough up. If its unfair, then best to still pay it and move on.

Private operator scumbags that issue parking charge notices......maybe ignore it, unless they persue it until it looks like yhere is a risk of small claims court.

If its unfair, then best to still pay it and move on.
Let me see I get your gist correctly: you are suggesting that you when you prove yourself to be a very stupid donkey, then instead of moving on, you repeat old discussions ad infinitum, in the hope of rescuing your credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back