Disposing of Broken Smartphones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can you safely dispose of a smartphone that has a broken screen (ie you cannot see to erase the account)?

Is it possible?

I have considered smashing them up with a sledge, but it doesn't seem very eco-friendly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it still works bar the broken screen then reset it and put it on eBay for parts. If its a high end phone people will still buy it.

Is it an iPhone? If so, log on to "find my iPhone" and erase all data. The data should still be stored in the cloud as a back up so if you have another phone and set it to that account, the data will still be recoverable.

Thanks, fellas. Sorry, I forgot to say they are all Android.

I can't see anything on any of the screens, so giving each one a factory reset is impossible.

Sponsored Links
I have done operations on phones and computers, by using a second computer tutorial from YouTube, and following the button sequences.
Nothing to lose.

Thanks, fellas. Sorry, I forgot to say they are all Android.

I can't see anything on any of the screens, so giving each one a factory reset is impossible.
Try 'find my android' or 'find my device' on Google.
You can sign in and erase from there too. Screenshot of my phone?

9EA28988-A482-47E6-8A18-3D66881AF306.jpeg

I have done operations on phones and computers, by using a second computer tutorial from YouTube, and following the button sequences.
Nothing to lose.

So let me get this right:

Are you saying that you have carried out an 'operation' while watch a Youtube video, did the patient know you were learning on the job?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back