Distinct lack of gratitude

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So you go off to join the army to fight for a country way over on the other side of the world, risking and possibly losing your life, enduring hardships and not really making much money out of it.

Then your tour of duty ends, and you decide that out of all the places in the world you could live, you would like to live in the country that you've fought hard for all these years.

Then they tell you "Oh, sorry, you've been off fighting for Britain so you've not actually been in Britain, so you can't stay, off to Nepal with you, byeeeee!"

They can't seem to deport illegals unless they actually murder someone, but they send Gurkhas away against their will. People who have done a bl**dy lot for this country over the years yet had no real obligation to do so!

Sponsored Links
Background...

Gurkhas challenge for right to stay

Actress Joanna Lumley will march with the Gurkhas as they head for the High Court to fight for the right to settle in Britain.

A judge in London is to begin hearing a challenge by more than 2,000 British Army Gurkhas to a tribunal ruling on their immigration status. Gurkhas who retired from the British Army after 1997, when their base was moved from Hong Kong to Kent, can automatically stay in the UK. But those who retired earlier and whose individual settlement cases were decided by visa officials in Kathmandu and Hong Kong, must apply for permission to stay and may be refused and deported. All other foreign soldiers in the British Army have a right to settle in Britain after four years of service anywhere in the world. Part of the Government's explanation for refusing settlement rights is that some Gurkhas "lack strong ties with the country".
The Absolutely Fabulous actress will lead Gurkhas and their families to the Royal Courts of Justice in London for a test case being brought by five veterans and a widow. Among the protesters will be Victoria Cross winner Honorary Lieutenant Tul Bahadur Pun, who served with Ms Lumley's father during the Second World War in Burma. Lumley said before the hearing: "My own father served with the Gurkhas for 30 years. Indeed, he saw action as a Chindit in Burma with Mr Pun VC. "Like so many people in Britain I am ashamed at how successive governments have failed these magnificent and loyal soldiers. "The overwhelming wish of the British is to allow them to live here with us if they so choose. I sincerely hope the court finds in their favour."
This Government couldn't manage to boil a kettle!...
Part of the Government's explanation for refusing settlement rights is that some Gurkhas "lack strong ties with the country".
What a complete and utter load of BALLS! We should be ashamed! I cannot put into words how angry this makes me feel!!!!!!!!!

They should say to the Gurkhas that they can stay over here if they make room for them selves by removing failed asylum seekers and other unwanted people the only way they know how :eek:

Sponsored Links
It's disgusting. I served alongside them when I was in - lovely, lovely (and tiny!) guys, but fearsome warriors. Even their pensions are less than UK squaddies (or at least were). Quite why we as a country give more benefits to scum and illegal immigrants than we do to people who have served this country so well, is mind-boggling. But not unusual, unfortunately.

This situation does not relate to Gherkins who have served after 1997, btw, through something to do with the handover of Hong Kong.

I once met some at a barracks I cannot name, they were great guys.
They did an excellent trick with a big sharp knife, stabbing it around the fingers of a hand :D

Remember chaps we are British, we will use everyone else & pi$$ on them when we have finished.

There are enough empty houses that they could have too, MOD ones at that too.

I tried to phone my MP about it, but all I got was a call centre in Mumbai.

weve done the same to iraqis, who risked their and their familys lives acting as interpreters for us. The ones we have allowed to come here have been slung in run down council blocks in the middle of glasgow.

Having said that we dont look after our own much better. Have you seen the state of a lot of the accomodation?

Sponsored Links
Back