DIY disasters caused by weather?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't sleep last night. I had taken the flat roof of 2 bedrooms so I could raise the ceiling then I heard about the thunder storms and high winds we were expecting.

I sheeted the floor to stop any water going downstairs but couldn't do much with the blocks.

Luckily the weather was 24hours late and the sheeting worked a treat, the water has also shown that I put the new floor in nice and level too.

Has anyone had any disaster due to weather?

IMG_1922.JPG

Sponsored Links
We had just stood the frames of the house up when this happened. Torrential overnight rain turned a snall babbling brook into this flash flood.

flood 1981.jpg

It was said to be a 1 in 100 years event. There has been three floods since then but not as bad as the 1981 flood.

This is what the stream looks like normally

Build the wall.jpg

The wall was built to stop the lawn being eroded when the stream was high and coping with normal rain.

Sponsored Links
Some DIY was fail because of weather.By the way.your house look lovely.

Our roof is coming off in just over a week and I hope to God the weather holds out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back