DIY Handrail

Sponsored Links
You won't find anything more simple (or crude frankly) than Keyclamp. Getting a secure fixing into the floor/walls is vital of course.

Sponsored Links
Sorry yes keeclamp. Its been around for yonks and is robust. But as mentioned getting a good solid fixing into the baseplate on the floor and the bracket on the wall is essential. If you get that right then either will be fine.

If you get poor fixings into the wall/floor it doesn't matter what system you use it will always be more prone to failure.

Okey dokes, I will get it ordered and see how I get on, thanks a lot for your advice! :)

If you are fitting to concrete steps as in the pic, I would consider losing the base plate and dropping the pole into a drilled hole then cementing in

Well colour me impressed, I ordered it yesterday and it turned up today!

now I don't know what I was worried about, it is exactly as you say, put tube into fitting, tighten bolt, they even included the allen key!

It took about 1 minute to assemble, I will install it over the long weekend, thanks for your help, im really pleased!

There is lots of the handrail installed at houses near me - seems to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back