diynot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that insulting posts and those that incite racism should be banned, but you seem to be censoring even the discussion surrounding it.

Sadly the discussion surrounding it soon becomes the heated discussion we do not want to see on the forum.

Sponsored Links
The mods should delete any posts which have personal attacks, racism and name calling in them.
The mods (I assume) won't delete something on a whim (I don't think!) even if someone complained - it has to contain innapropriate comments etc.
Much of what I have read that has been deleted has appeared appropriate and just :)

Thats fair enough...I dont like the personal battles tat some threads end up as but if something crops up about racism or sexism or any other hot potatoe then surely it can be debated sensibly without censorship

By briging these subject to the table they can be understood...sweep them under the carpet and it contributes in making them worse.

Or..make it clear in the note under te general tab....'no polictical views, race issues, or religious comments'

Then just delete every post if it contains one....that way no problems

Zampa said:
Thats fair enough...I dont like the personal battles tat some threads end up as but if something crops up about racism or sexism or any other hot potatoe then surely it can be debated sensibly without censorship

You would've thought so...........but unfortunately some of the above you mention, start as reasonable debates but end up developing into personally directed insulting attacks on people when they are only trying to put forward a point of view or maybe even play devils advocate at times!!
It's difficult because we can't see each others faces - putting the point across with the spoken word is totally different than the written word. Assumptions are made about people which maybe well off the mark of what they are really like. I know I don't always articulate myself well when writing and I'm sure people would have a different opinion about me if they knew me as a person rather than just a faceless name who writes on a forum......I prefer to chat face to face........but then I would I'm a woman!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
JulieL/B said:
The mods should delete any posts which have personal attacks, racism and name calling in them.
But they don't, at least not even-handedly....

How many offensive, racist posts, or those that advocate criminal acts, do you need to see left alone by the mods for you to regard that as proof?

ban-all-sheds said:
How many offensive, racist posts, or those that advocate criminal acts, do you need to see left alone by the mods for you to regard that as proof?

Not taking sides here..but I havnt seen a 'racist post' as such...racial themes maybe..but I havnt seen anyone say the like of 'all blacks are muggers, or burn the p*akis out' blah de blah..

Sometimes some people may decide others are racist (what that is exactly im not sure just yet..) and others may decide others are leftie pinkos (ok i hold my hands up to that) but it seems that the actual subject of the post seems to get cast aside and lost while everyone else decides who is/n't a commie trator or a nazi facist..

Personality clases...when thats always going to happen..you should try working in training and educaion..you see them all the time.

Ive never seen a post actually get settled as such...the mud slinging does spoil it...personally I think anyone who spends a lot of time on here helping others out is a pretty decent chappie/chapess

The mods seem to wade in when the slagging off seems to take a post nowhere..occasionally though I dont think they stop, step back and read the posts in full..and may be a bit over the the top in their enthusiasm

Zampa said:
Not taking sides here..but I havnt seen a 'racist post' as such...racial themes maybe..but I havnt seen anyone say the like of 'all blacks are muggers, or burn the p*akis out' blah de blah..
Posts don't have to be as explicit as that in order to be racist. They can be apparently "innocent", but in reality conveying a racist message.

It is possible, particularly knowing the history of people's posts and the attitudes they display over time, to determine that they are racists, and to see what the motivation behind a post is.

Again I find myself alerting the Mod's about your offensive attitude.

You have a very serious attitude problem. It cannot be long before others start to notice either.

You are nothing but a nuisance continually ruining threads without good reason. :rolleyes:

paulbrown said:
I could do the same about yours, which I find deeply offensive.

You have a very serious attitude problem. It cannot be long before others start to notice either.
You have a very serious political attitude problem. I'm not the only one who realises that, and I hope it won't be long before others start to notice either.

MOD 2

pack it in the pair of you or the lot goes in the bin

and before you all start the "denial of free speech" bit DON'T

paulbrown said:

You are nothing but a nuisance continually ruining threads without good reason. :rolleyes:
alerting the Mod's ?!! there should be a health warning on that button :LOL:

MOD 2 said:
pack it in the pair of you or the lot goes in the bin

and before you all start the "denial of free speech" bit DON'T
I don't mind either way, as long as it cuts both ways.

If people are allowed to make racist or fascist posts, then others have to be allowed to criticise them for it.

But if not the latter, then not the former, please.

MOD 2
i try to be fair ban i cant speak for the rest of the mods

Are you's 2 going to kiss and make up..? if not learn to agree to disagree on certain topics/believes. .ect..

If not tell me to go forth and multiply, :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back