Do Gas meters go wrong?

Or had a woman in the house, they're always fiddling with thermostats and leaving the doors and windows open.

Sponsored Links
danlightbulb said:
mdbalson wrote:

1st Reading was 00437, 2nd Reading was 00528, Last Reading (29/08/07) was 03424, & Todays (11/09/07) Actual Reading is 03442. The Bill is for the period 23 Apr 07 to 29 Aug 07 & is for about £700.

Why is there such a large difference between reading 2 (00528) and reading 3 (03424). This equates to 2896 units used between those 2 readings. The difference between reading 1 and 2 is only 91 units and between reading 3 and 4 is only 18 units.

You really need to understand why you've used 2896 units is such a short space of time, and also why this is vastly different to the units used in other periods.

Give us the readings again and the dates they were taken.

1st Reading (23rd Apr07) was 00437, 2nd Reading (25th Apr 07) was 00528, & Last Reading (29 Aug 07) was 03424.

The Bill was for the period of 23rd Apr 07 to 29th Aug 07

1st Reading (23rd Apr07) was 00437, 2nd Reading (25th Apr 07) was 00528, & Last Reading (29 Aug 07) was 03424.

The Bill was for the period of 23rd Apr 07 to 29th Aug 07

That equals 22.8 units a day?

Would a boiler use that amount even running constanly?

Mike

Period 1: 91 units in 2 days = 45.5 units per day.
Period 2: 2896 units in 126 days = 22.98 units a day.

Period 3 (from earlier): 18 units in 13 days = 1.38 units a day.

The question is what have you done differently in the past 2 weeks?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for at last giving us the information we need to consider whats happening.

As demonstrated above the change is the last 13 days when the consumption has fallen by a factor of over 20 times.

Have you left the immersion heater switched on ???

How many people live there?

Tony

Agile said:
Thanks for at last giving us the information we need to consider whats happening.

As demonstrated above the change is the last 13 days when the consumption has fallen by a factor of over 20 times.

Have you left the immersion heater switched on ???

How many people live there?

Tony

The immersion heater does not work & needs replacing, but it is so corroded in that the hot water tank needs replacing as well.

4 peoplelive here

JohnD said:
what date did the boiler start work?

It was not working in June, as the PCB had burned out, but was working before that, & has been working since that. As the boiler is all that I use for the hot water, & the heating is only on in the winter.

I Had a gas meter replaced some years ago and the meter read 2 units at start

Then they came and read it after 3 months and i received a bill of £2000

I Tried to tell them that a)It was not a chip shop b) Looking at my previous 3 years bills you can see i do not use that much gas

For some time they thought i was bu**sh**ing

They sent a man out to have a look and yes it was faulty and what was worse is when he touched it all the numbers went back to Zero

Missed an opportunity there :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back