Do I need an air admitance device installing on basin waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've rejigged our bathroom and the basin has been turned 90degrees which means for cosmetic reasons it's no longer viable hooking it up to the internal soil pipe. So, what I and most others in this type of house have done is exit the basin waste through the external wall below the window, then run the pipe across to the cast drain pipe and run it paralel down the drain pipe into the drain. I reckon this is maybe 3.5m or so, and have read that 32mm waste should only run a max of 1.7m, so what are my options here? Install an air admitance device? If so, where? Or would running it in 40mm be better, and negate the need for an air admitance vent?

Sponsored Links
Run the first section in 32mm, upsize to 40mm as required and for certainty fit an anti vac trap to basin. During winter condiions make sure you've no dripping taps or the waste is likely to freeze.... :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back