Do I need to use resistors on door contact connected to keypad zone using Texecom Elite 64-w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First time installing elite 64-w. Actually have no wireless devices just four wired PIRs and one door contact.
The 64-w is an EOL panel, the four texe PIRs were simple enough to connect as EOL using the jumpers to set 2.2k and 4.7k resistance.
The four PIRs are using up all the zones on the panel however it was easier to get the cable for the door contact over to the keypad so I have wired it into the back of a standard Premiere LCD keypad which itself is wired back to the panel. Bonus as it gave me the fifth zone needed to complete the setup.

I was hoping, as the two extra zones on the back of the keypad has four terminals per zone, two terminals for alarm and two for tamper, that I could just wire in the door contact without using resistors and normally closed configuration. But when I run the diagnostics on Wintex I can see the zone but it's not behaving properly. It won't show the zone as active when I open the door and it is reporting an Alarm state constantly.

Does anyone know if I can avoid using resistors for the door contact in this setup or do I fundamentally need to use EOL zones everywhere, even if I am wiring into the back of the keypad?

If I do need resistors, any recommendations on where to get just a couple at short notice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
In wintex I have opened the Keypad page and for the first keypad Net 1- RKP 1 I have 'Zone 1 is mapped to: I selected Zone 5'
I go into Zones and can see Zone 5 N1 R1 Z1 listed so it seems to have mapped ok. In this screen I have set zone type as Entry/Exit 1 and Zone Wiring as Normally Closed.

Prior to all this I did put a meter to check and could test to see the reed switch is working correctly. ie makes and breaks the circuit as the door opens/closes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back