Do I put all my eggs in one basket??

B

belfastbap

Hi,have joined the forum in the hope of some much needed advice on oil rayburns.
At present we have an old oil boiler which heats 8 radiators and a electric cooker.We are planning on a new kitchen and want an oil cooker (no mains gas).

Having spent months looking at all thats on the market have decided on the rayburn and this is where the confusion started...

Originally was going for the cooking only rayburn and upgrading to a more efficent boiler for heat/water. Then rayburn released the new condensing 680 and I thought this was perfect for our needs as it would save installing a seperate boiler and is A rated.

Having spoke with manufacturer,supplier and servicer all have conflicting advice. Will ignore manufactuer as there biased :LOL: but seriously would they be releasing new models if there was no demand? Would the supplier be correct in saying its a personal preference wether you want your cooker to provide for all your needs,then the service guy says no its too problematic best to have seperate boiler for heating...

I realise these rayburns are new so have no reputation but surely those in the know would be able to spot anything in the spec/build that might cause alarms?

Would also like to know why a seperate system for heating is advised (helps to understand better) part of me thinks its tricky or expensive to repair and the understanding needed which makes it harder to find someone who can do repairs....

Sorry this got a bit long but am so confused and dont want to make an expensive mistake!

Sponsored Links
Well that was the obvious thought...but the cooker has two boilers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back