Do i tile upto the lip or over the lip of my shower door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The shower door I have has a lip that points inwards and is flush with the wall (well its around 2mm thick but sits against the wall) that has screw holes in. The instruction are not clear at all, and don't show tiles.

To me it looks like you would fit the door securely then tile so that the tiles are flush with the actual door frame so over the top of the lip?

Otherwise you are relying on 4 screws each side to both secure the door in place and for a waterproof seal, I just can't see how this would be?

Please see image for how the door lip looks. Its outlined.

103_0578.jpg

Sponsored Links
Usually its conventional to do the tiling first, I think, then fit the doors......can you post a closer up pic of the edge please?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you! Thats much clearer.
If it was mine, I'd tile up to the aluminium and finish the raw edge with silicone, not grout. If the doors have to come out at any time, there would be lots of work otherwise!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back