Do they make 'em like this any more?

Sponsored Links
I know of a huge manor house with those still in service! Several on each floor, with braided submains.

All original wiring through-out - quite scarey!! All works, and they don't want to rip apart the quality home.

Lectrician, are these people mad????

And SparkyTris, PLEASE post thumbnails or smaller pictures please!!! I'm sure Admin dont like having 2megabyte pictures clogging up the forum and people on dial-up could be stuck for 5 mins while they download!

installed one last week into a firemans house, arnt they great.

LOL

Sponsored Links
You'd probably be surprised how many of these are still about, just be careful as some of them contain asbestos.

Do you have any photos of the Meter Cupboard where it was installed?

It's actually gone to a local "black museum" for posterity, run by the electrician that certified me. Did someone say "backhander"?
This wasn't installed in a meter cupboard, just high up on a wall. I guess that when they were that well made and finished, you didn't have to hide them away.
The property was built in 192x with its own generator; that was the fusebox for the generator supply. It's been in use ever since through DC then AC mains supplies.
The fuses themselves have an asbestos pad in them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back