Do Yorkshire Water..........

Sponsored Links
molibdimum said:
.............have to notify you by law if they turn off your water supply?

why not ask yourkshire water?

i think you will find the answer is no they they dont

put it this way, main pipe bursts, they turn it off to repair it, oh they can't becuse they havn't told you. I some how don't think so

Yorkshire Water are doing a brilliant insurance deal, £2.99 per month and your drains are covered for blockage and collapse 24/7. That's godda be the deal of the week!

Sponsored Links
I'd better take that out, have got massive tree root problem, keep sending claw down and spinning it on a drill, that clears the way for a few years, but would be nice to have them dig it all out and renew the drains for 2.99 a month.

You might wonder why I haven't dug up my own drains? Because the house is on a hillside and the dig would involve 20ft down a trea lined sloap as the drain falls at about 45 degrees to road level, held in by retaining wall. I would either have to dig out 20ft deep with a shovel, and I don't have time for that, of nock down retaining wall which faces onto public hiway, cut down trees (which I'm not allowed to do) to get access for a small digger.

Be interesting to see what YW come up with once I've sent my first 2.99. Suspect they'll spin a claw in it!

spose I could line it with 22mm plastic and put a macerator stage onj the soil stack!

We have a street near here where you have top turn off half the street, no individual board stop taps. I got a lot of black looks walking back with my key after changing a stop cock in someone's house..... I understand this is common in some areas. We are mostly fortunate to have a water cut off that works outside most everybody's home.

Oh yes and how do they know I already know about it? do they visit Gypsie Lee down at the sea front, you know the one who looks poor and ragged but gets picked up by her husband in the merc at the end of a hard day emptying tourists wallets?

i was going to mention that, except i was going to say if you are not in, how can they tell you so that you will know about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back