dodgey open flue

Status
Not open for further replies.
if ya dint notice i asked what would YOU do muppet! it may seem a elementary question but as you can see there is a range of solutions if ya bothered to read the replies!! and i wasn't lookin for the most basic and obvious answer which someone even without any knowledge on gas would know (which you gave). i was looking for possible solutions i could give the customer

foul language deleted

oh and i spelt a few words wrong cuz i was in a rush

Sponsored Links
Ladies and Gentlemen please take your seats for round 2 ding ding. :LOL:

I was first to reply so there were no other postings. The other reply was to your question about the meaning of PDI.

As for the procedure you had already carried out I had no way of knowing and couldn't really care whether you PDI'd, ID'd, AR'd or piped the thing into your car with you in it.

nickso - yea i am pal, i didnt even do that as the house is really big and runs up a old chimney (boiler was in the cellar and the house would be like 4 stories high) hes gettin a quote from us for a new boiler :LOL:

wait for the bg boo boys

Dont mean to sound rude, but if you are BG then why dont you know how to deal with a fault like a bad seal on a flue inspection hatch? Repair and test or issue warning notice.

Sponsored Links
alot of the engineers who work for bg get accused of capping off boilers unnecessary jus to generate business. i thought this was a good example where the customer could try and twist things round to suggest this, so i thought id explain the scenario and see what other peoples opinions are on the best way to deal with it (such as fire cement and other methods of trying to repair the flue). unfortunately ya get muppets like nixt who jump to the conclusion that i don't know how to deal with a id situation or that i wouldn't even recognize it?

and for the record i capped the boiler off and got someone round to give him a quote for a new boiler and left my number

and finally nixt i hope you repair ya own boiler cuz ya sound daft enough to cause it some serious damage hopefully to the flue :evil:

You asked the question on a DIY site so in order to avoid the jumping to conclusions, it would help if you learnt how to explain yourself (I wasn't the only one to reply about ID), but seeing as you haven't yet mastered the spelling of three letter words there's little chance.

You're not as quick to notice there's even a spell check button as you are to judge the competency of others. Or maybe you can't read properly either.

There's nothing else worth commenting about you other than your inability to spell or express yourself in your own language.

Apart that is from your uneducated ignorance,

Your inability to spell English,

Your posting of trade questions and subsequent anger at a simple answer from what is a DIY site,

and your inability to spell English.

Forgot to mention it's spelt 'dodgy'. Never mind 'open' and 'flue' are correct "so don't be sad cos' two out of three ain't bad".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back