Dodgy Blackpool Hotel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

This is a long shot i know, but does anyone live in/near Blackpool, or has stayed there recently and happens to know anything about the Jesmond International Hotel? We've booked to stay there next month and i've just seen a review written by someone on a travel site last week entitled "Never, Ever Stay There!!" Needless to say, i'm slightly concerned having read the review, but i'm not sure what to do. Tempted to cancel the booking, but I can't see how we wont lose our deposit and we'll then need to find somewhere else at short notice - and there's 27 of us!!

Anyone know anything about the hotel? I'm hoping the reviewer had a personal issue whilst there and is just venting her anger by publishing negative reviews.

Sponsored Links
Ah Blackpool , sorry can't help you with the hotel.. 27 of you sounds like you will have a great time even if you all stay in a cardboard box..
When I used to go to Blackpool (Courting) years ago we used to get them horrible nylon sheets or polyester or whatever they were that just slid all over the bed and seemed to wrap themselves around your leg.. :eek:

some of those unfavourable reviews are written by people angling for a pay-off. Some kind of blackmail. Try to trace the author's posting history, and see if he is mostly sensible, and if he has a believable history of trips.

Thanks guys, I have actually e-mailed the author of the review to ask for more detail of her gripes... will just have to wait and see if she replies.

I know what you mean about these review sites - I know that people are far more likely to actually post a review if they've had a bad experience than they are if they've had a good one, so just because there are no good reviews, doesn't necessarily mean they've had no happy guests. I can only find 4 reviews in total on the hotel, and only 2 more recent than last June, the two from last year say excellent things, one person said she didn't want to go home at the end of the stay. The two from this year are more negative, although the review from March 2012 is about a problem with the booking and didn't mention any faults with the hotel generally during their stay, I presume they'd have added more if there were other issues with their stay.

If its bad, i'll just have to drink myself unconcious at night.... ;)

27 of us indeed - in case you're wondering, yes, its a stag do.

Sponsored Links
If there's 27 of you and your mates going, the last thing the owner wants will be to upset you.

You could cause a huge argument (27 of you) let alone 27 people walking out and not paying.

Andy

He's got half our money up front as a non-refundable deposit, with the rest payable on arrival, as well as a refundable room bond. So once we've checked in he'll have our money for our stay and £270 extra, so he might hold the uppper hand there a little. That said, I appreciate what you say. I might wait until the week before (when theres less chance of him being able to take a replacement booking) and contact him and ask him for his comments on the review thats been posted. Maybe he'll be able to explain it. Then again, he could tell me anything....

Haven't spoken to the owner in person, but I have been contacting him by e-mail and he seems decent enough... if you can tell these kind of things by e-mail?

The hotel isn't the Ritz, and it hasn't cost a lot, so at no point did we expect to find panoramic sea views, four-poster beds and complimentary champagne on ice when we arrive. All we really want out of it is for it to be clean.

8) .. What road is the hotel on?....i could go and have a nosey at it for you.

Thats the one Stivino! Do you live in Blackpool then Diane? Very kind of you to offer, don't go to any trouble though. Have you got a big house...? You don't fancy 27 guests for two nights next month do you?? ;)

Only if they are all blokes and desperate.

Don't prejudge the place till you have actually experienced it, if you go with the intention of finding faults then I'm sure you will, give the hotelier the chance to make good any complaints that you do have, if things don't improve, then is the time to complain.

Wotan

@ joe...why would they have to be desperate??....cheeky b*gger!!!

Charnely road isnt the nicest of roads.....but not too far to walk into town or to the front....ill drive past and have a look....it's not a problem.

if any of your group are or look young, make sure they have proper ID because all the bars, clubs and pubs in the town centre have security outside and they are all linked via walkie talkies, and they insist on ID, so not getting in one pub means you can't get in any. Blackpool is a very safe place to have a night out these days..you will have a great time :D

hope diane goes armed with camera when shes out on her stake out, take the laptop and dongle with you to so we can all be in on this mission lol.

Sponsored Links
Back