Dodgy Blackpool Hotel

Sponsored Links
I often use Google Maps 'Street View' to view such things before booking. Using the address supplied by Stivino above, Google Maps gives the hotel below. I've taken a screen shot of the hotel on Street View.

The whole street is full of Hotels/B&Bs. If you go to Google Maps and go to Street View you can go up and down the street. You'll see at least 3 groups of lads. Typical Stag Hotels I reckon.

I note the Jesmond is up for sale so you may have to keep your rooms tidy... just in case they have any viewings! :p

EDIT: I've found some internal images of the hotel here: http://www.anytrip.com/hotels/england/blackpool/63096/ I've included them below. Looks nice enough to me for a Stag do. Have a good'un Andrew.

jbj3MCNpuoYXVj.JPG

63096-20101018011046.png
63096-20101018011038.png
63096-20101018011031.png
4252257_8_b.jpg
4252257_2_b.jpg
4252257_3_b.jpg
4252257_7_b.jpg

Love the sixties wallpaper on the stairs.

Sponsored Links
Andy, you'll be that pi$|$ed in Blackpool you won't care about the hotel. As long as the sheets are clean and there is a shower you'll be alright ;)

Diane is right.......Blackpool is great for a night out ....been there quite a few times, dont worry to much about the write up its not as though you will be sitting in the hotel all day, as long as its clean and you can have a shower ....

Diane , just in case you are desperate I am available end of april :D

Thanks guys, i have actually been to Blackpool before many times, and once before for a stag do - and we stayed at this hotel!! So i have been before, but it was four years ago and things change. The owner has also changed since then - i checked google streeview out before i booked it to check it was the right one and noticed the for sale signs. I've checked with that agent tho and it doesn't seem to be for sale any more - not sure when google images date from, but i assume the boards coincide with the change of ownership.

As you pointed out, the wallpaper isn't modern, and that was one of the reviewers complaints - and to be fair, I couldn't care less about the decor, as you say, we aren't going with the intention of enjoying the hotel or the rooms. I just want it to be clean 0 a half decent breakfast would be a bonus... I wouldn't have even considered it for a trip with the missus and the kids...

Will tell the other guys about the ID issue - I was recently told i look four years younger than I actually am - but that still left me at 27 so I'm fairly sure I wont struggle to get in... :(

Diane - you'll be getting a call from the BBC - i can see it now, tonight on Rogue Hotelliers....

Diane is right.......Blackpool is great for a night out ....been there quite a few times, dont worry to much about the write up its not as though you will be sitting in the hotel all day, as long as its clean and you can have a shower ....

theres only one DIYnot poster for me...

theres only one DIYnot poster for me...

Sorry but I'm busy. :mrgreen:

Are there any hotels in Blackpool that aren't dodgy?

If theirs 27 of you i reckon you must be taking up the whole hotel and as the previous post says you only need a clean bed at (granted at 5 in the morning) and then a shower at 7 then you can get the pleasure beach get on the big one which believe me cures any hangover :LOL: enjoy !!

WOBS! There are a great many Hotels and B and B's in Blackpool that are not dodgy! My end of town (north) has quite a few fantastic places, including one featured on TV (not hotels from hell)but a five star.

hey wingy...............north eh.....we may be neighbours......
which is the 5 star hotel up this way then??

Sponsored Links
Back