Dodgy Blackpool Hotel

The only thing i don't get with the review Pete, if the hotel owner did get it removed for whatever reason, is why he hasn't removed the comment on his own website - because i'm certain he'll have control over which messages he can and can't delete off his own website.

I guess this is kind of heartening a little, because if it was really a bad hotel, i'd assume he'd be expecting bad reviews on his site all the time, and would remove them as soon as possible to stop people reading them. The fact he hasn't removed it from his site possibly means he either doesn't check it that often, and so isn't expecting people to leave bad comments too often, or he's confident that he can explain the bad experience this woman had, or maybe even explain why she's exagerated her experience in a negative way. I guess only time will tell now....?

Sponsored Links
have a fab time Andrew....................be aware....Blackpool are playing at home in the 1st leg of the play offs on Friday.......745 ko.......it may be wise to wear something tangerine....:cool:

This is Blackpool.......party capital of the UK......if you dont have a great time......your too old or too up tight.......

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :p

Sponsored Links
Diane, don't worry, plenty of footy fans amongst us and we've already weighed up what footy will be on in the pub and when - and we'll be cheering for Blackpool with the locals!!

As i've said before, had a few nights/weekends in Blackpool and i've no doubt we'll have fun. Just glad i'm not the stag, he's going to have a terrible weekend!!! :eek:

Well?

I was there (Blackpool, not your hotel!) at the weekend in question but I didn't see you.

How did it go?

i was there too.....:cool: , and EddieM, maybe Andrew is still trying to find his way home :confused:

cracking weather last weekend :cool:

I was there (Blackpool, not your hotel!) at the weekend in question but I didn't see you.

After reading about the amazing stah nights, I cancelled my booking. Cotswold is souch more refined :D

the Cotswolds may be very refined.............but Blackpool is fantasssssssssssssstic.........you can't beat a good night out by the seaside :D

I stayed in a Blackpool hotel one saturday night because it was cheap.

It was Ok if you wanted a cheap hotel but what was not obvious when I booked was that it was specifically a gay hotel!

It was for an electronics show on the Sunday at the Norbrek Castle hotel towards the north of the promenard. Even though it was a huge hotel it was all pretty rough inside and particularly the toilets!

Tony

Who remembers the TV show "Hotels from Hell"? Both the Norbreck and the Metropole were featured and did not get good reports, even allowing for ' editing' to increase shock value.

Hi guys,

We survived!! Sorry - should perhaps have mentioned that on returning from Blackpool i was being met at the train station by the missus and the kids and heading straight to Devon for the week - so only just had chance to give feedback on the Blackpool trip!!

The hotel was, erm... OK. Can't say it was any better than that! I think the guy i shared with and I got lucky for starters, as we were on the top floor and the shared shower on our floor was pretty good, except I think I was the first to have a shower each morning and the water was freezing!! But it was clean. The guys using the shower on the floor below said it was horrible and looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks... I didn't venture in!! Milk for tea/coffee was the little cartons, both in bedrooms and in the dining room and every one was out of date, some more than others but the closest date to May was February 2012!! Some of the twin and triple rooms had bunk beds in which we weren't warned about - but I assume the guys in those rooms just had a trip back to their childhood!! :) The bar was good - we ended up watching the cup final in there - the bar well stocked and reasonable prices (although the guy behind the bar had no idea of the prices and had to check on the price list every time he served someone!!). The guy running the place was nice enough and very helpful - even bought me a drink for organising the booking which was very nice of him and I wasn't expecting that!! The hotel has 'family' rooms though - I would definitely not advise anyone to take a family there. It was fine as somewhere to sleep for a group of drunk blokes, i'm not sure what a hen party would think (there was a group of girls staying too - would be interested to hear what they thought of it..) and i definitely wouldn't take my children or my wife there!! And i'd have been disappointed if i'd paid more than £22.50 a night for it!! All in all, it wasn't great, but slightly better than the review I read that got me worried in the first place!! Probably wont rush to book it again! Oh... and i'm no longer sure it was the same hotel I stayed in before years ago....?

Sponsored Links
Back