Dodgy Blackpool Hotel

Sponsored Links
He's got half our money up front as a non-refundable deposit, with the rest payable on arrival, as well as a refundable room bond. So once we've checked in he'll have our money for our stay and £270 extra, so he might hold the uppper hand there a little.

You could buy one of them Blackpool hotels for half that, I'd be more worried he's going to keep your cash and do a runner

Sponsored Links
An interesting development... the review I saw on the travel website has been removed!?! I can't really understand why this would happen - surely the point of a review site is to let people have an opinion, whether that's good or bad? If they remove the bad comments then the review system isn't really worth anything? I don't recall that the review had any bad language at all, so I can't think it has been removed for that reason, in any case, it says messages are all reviewed before they are published - so if it broke any posting rules, it wouldn't have been published in the first place?

My first thoughts were that the hotel owner would be the one that has requested the removal of the review, but the reviewer also posted a negative message on the hotel's own website - now surely if he was going to remove the comments from a review site, he'd take them off his own website too?

As someone who uses Trip Adviser, i can say that the recipient of a review cannot have bad reviews removed by asking. There has to be a valid reason, i;e; libel .

The only thing I can think of that could have got it removed was she called the owner a 'cockney con-man'. But tripadvisor published it originally after moderating it, so presumably they weren't concerned at first.

You're going on a stag weekend FFS. The only time you will see the place is when you are bladdered or feeling so rough that you could be staying in The Dorchester and you wouldn't notice.

The only thing you need from a hotel is a shave, shower, sh1te and a sh@g.

Local lasses are used to being taken back to those places so even that isn't a worry.

Andrew ffs....you are going for a great time with 26 other peeps..wish I could go with you and stop going there worried about the hotel.......... turn the half empty glass into a half full one..........surely you wont be waking up at 5am worried if there is dust on top of the wardrobe....go and enjoy :D

Bodgeitandleggit";p="* said:
Andrew ffs....you are going for a great time with 26 other peeps..wish I could go with you and stop going there worried about the hotel.......... turn the half empty glass into a half full one..........surely you wont be waking up at 5am worried if there is dust on top of the wardrobe....go and enjoy :D
Perhaps when he gets there he will be moaning his glass is half empty, literally. :)

Never mind turning the half empty glass into a half full one... turn it into a full one!

Sounds like its going to be an exciting stag night , if it was one of our crowd we would be amazed if anyone remembered they stayed in a hotel thats if they made it back to it at all

I think Andrew is just worried hes not made a clanger booking it :D

Seriously bet it all goes well!

I made a M8 a ball and chain and its now been to 8 stag do`s and another is due. The chain is short enough to mean they have to stoop to walk and weighs about 8 kilos.
Oh yeah, it is padlocked on!!!!

Alarm, yeah, you got it. As I said before, we've not paid much money to stay there, so we were never expecting luxury or 5 star accommodation. But having stayed there before, albeit a fair few years ago, I kinda told the other guys it would be ok.... just hoping that they don't blame me if it isn't!!

So long as the beds are clean, it has a working toilet and a clean shower, it'll do me...

Trip Advisor and the like will only usually remove a bad review if the business can prove it must be false. It's the false positive reviews you need to look out for on there.

A friend of mine had this problem. He runs a pub and got one review which gave the food there a right old slagging off on Trip Advisor. Fortunately, he was able to prove that the dishes the reviewer claimed to have eaten had not been on his menu for months prior to the date the reviewer claims to eaten there.

The suspicion is that the review was originated by a competitor who my friend has taken a whole bunch of customers from!

Sponsored Links
Back