Does anyone know what this is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have it installed in my loft but can't identify its purpose!

20160312_161526.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a joint box to join up co-ax cables (tv aerial cables).

Very useful they are too.

Some are active some are passive. The power for active type is fed with the TV lead either with a stand alone power supply or direct from the TV. Without seeing the components not a clue if active or passive I would ask post to be moved.

Sponsored Links
Together with the box on the left it amplifies and then distributes the signal rom the TV aerial to the TVs around the house.

Two options.

The power supply and an amplifier are in the box on the left and the device divides the amplified signal

The box on the left is a power supply that combines the signal from the aerial with a DC supply and these are fed along the coax to the device which amplfies and distributes the signal

Teldis the manufacturer are still in business

http://teldis.co.uk/index.php/customer-service

Most unlikely to have any hazardous voltages on the exposed connections. 12 volt DC is the most likely supply voltage on the exposed connections.

There is likely to be mains voltage in the power supply ( box on the left. )

It did once have a cover that clipped on the same as the box on the left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back