Does it irritate you when...

This volume increase bugs me as well. I just reach for the mute button. I'm sure this subject has been brought up elsewhere and the TV companies actually denied that it was happening. Paramount comedy is one of the worst offenders.

Sponsored Links
pickles said:
Get a modern Telly, they can be set to stop the volume increase on the adverts.

Speaking from my own experience, I highly recommend getting rid of the telly completely. You then won't have to suffer loud adverts, disgraceful TV shows, useless sports coverage etc. Furthermore, you can use the time freed up to take up hobbies, go out and meet people, and probably improve your lifestyle as a consequence.

Oh and you won't have to pay about £140 a year "tax" on owning an entertainment device either, which appears to exist so the BBC can pay Johnathan Ross millions of £ contracts and fund a load of overpaid media executives to sit round on their lazy arses all day!!

Could it be that the advertising industry's subliminal campaign to promote "modern tellys"/volume gizmos has been rather successful?

Even if you reach for the remote to mute/turn down the advert has grabbed your attention in one way or another particularly if you were in the middle of a conversation.
I also find it annoying the great range of dynamics that seem to be introduced in modern films, one minute they are talking and you can barely hear them and the next some big action music cuts in and you're scrambling for the remote! :evil:

Sponsored Links
The adverts volume wind me up I must say..

But I think the 'alughter' and 'clapping' on some shows is also raised to ridiculous levels

I need the telly turned up a fair bit anyway....but then as soon as a comedian delivers a line.. its HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At full volume...cue 'turn it down or put your headphones on' from 'she who must be obeyed' :evil:

Note to t.v show directors.......I know what makes me laugh and when to laugh..I odnt need a 200 decibel prompt thanks... :rolleyes:

Not as irritating as when you have to do this to hide a double post though :rolleyes:

with all these petitions flying around, you'll have to set up a petition appreciation society to convince folk that it's not just band wagoning. :rolleyes:

EddieCurrent said:
Are you one of the 86 people who have signed the e-petition on the government site to stop this ?
No.

Reading into the e-petitions, some of them are a bit kooky, and I can't help but wonder if the PM takes a blind bit of notice. Thinking about it, there must surely be a qualifying minimum number of signatures to stop it getting immediately filed under WPB.

Sponsored Links
Back