Does Joey have a point

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Piers kept asking him for examples and he just spoke in generalities and was evasive. Nothing to do with his accent. It was something I was interested in and he told me absolutely nothing. He gave just one very weak example, where he claims a female commentator said a player had hit the ball with his laces when she should have side he'd side-footed it.

I dint think it was fair of Piers to ask him to single out one girl and right of Joey not to name one.
Why pick on one individual and potentially destroy her confidence.

I'd equally wouldn't want to destroy someone's confidence
I'd name names, as I'm a nobody and my opinion doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I dint think it was fair of Piers to ask him to single out one girl and right od Joey not to name one.
Why pick on one individual and potentially destroy her confidence.

I'd equally wouldn't want to destroy someone's confidence
I'd name names, as I'm a nobody and my opinion doesn't matter.

I didn't mean that. I didn't want him to name individuals, either

He was asked to give examples of how the women's game was different and why women who played at the top level didn't understand enough about football to analyse men's football. He gave one very weak explanation. After that it seemed more like male grievance bingo.

I didn't mean that. I didn't want him to name individuals, either

He was asked to give examples of how the women's game was different and why women who played at the top level didn't understand enough about football to analyse men's football. He gave one very weak explanation. After that it seemed more like male grievance bingo.

I think he's saying give them a job on merit not just that they are a woman.

All the woman I see presenting men's football know more than me.
Joey himself doesn't hold the wright skills, presentation & personality of being a top pundit,

But there are plenty of men in and around the top game who are miles ahead of most of these woman ex footballers/journalists.

Sponsored Links
I think he's saying give them a job on merit not just that they are a woman.

All the woman I see presenting men's football know more than me.
Joey himself doesn't hold the wright skills, presentation & personality of being a top pundit,

But there are plenty of men in and around the top game who are miles ahead of most of these woman ex footballers/journalists.
He could of course just say that.

If he could string his words together

Is that your opinion, or is that what you believe Joey Barton is saying.

Sponsored Links
Back