Does my metal kitchen light switch need earthed?

Disagree 100%.

The OP isn't interested in the views being debated and debated like some of you do. They want a simple answer .

If you want to debate to the nth degree start a new thread of your own ...........
Anyone who comes on diynot for a simple answer will likely be disappointed, some offer partial answers then disappear, some ask for further info from the OP and either don't get it, or don't follow up with an answer, some create sub threads and argue/debate about the issues they raise. And there are the same arguments that come up time and time again for re argument. Many posts are not answered at all.

I don't defend any of that, but posting and the way posts are replied to, is a lottery. If you want a professional opinion you pay a professional and get a site visit. Everything else is at your risk. I've learnt a huge amount just by contributing but recognise that it is an imperfect science at best.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back