Does old brickwork need stabilizing

Nah. They'd all be at it if it were any good. It's not got any sort of patent covering it. There has to be a reason it's not used. The argument that it lasts forever is just daft.

Bet it's a daft price mind.

Sponsored Links
The difference between this stuff and pliolite or standard masonry paint is vapour permeability, pliolite and standard masonry paint will ultimately eventually fail because they are not vapour permeable. Potassium silicate is, it petrifies into the substrate becoming part of it if you like, once its on its on for ever, it is very popular in commercial painting work, as for price, well you'll have to check with the companies, I've used it years ago subbing labour only so have never purchased it.

Nah. They'd all be at it if it were any good. It's not got any sort of patent covering it. There has to be a reason it's not used. The argument that it lasts forever is just daft.

Bet it's a daft price mind.

Why the hell would dulux want to sell you a paint that never needed doing again, that would be commercial suicide :LOL: also this stuff has been around for years, long before the modern stuff we use today .

Sponsored Links
They offer an alternative to the mainstream masonry paints, I guess that is a good enough reason :rolleyes:

So why doesn't Leyland do the same and steal their market? Why doesn't every Council use them on their housing stock so they never need painting again? What is their official guarantee? Bet it's just 15 years like all the rest. :LOL:

Where we live the council stopped painting the houses years ago. As for leyland, you'll have to ask them but my guess is as I've said before, they sell you this stuff and you wont be back in ten years to buy some more like you would with sandtex etc hence less profits for the shareholders ,who, ultimately want to sell you and I loads and loads of paint for ever. If Fords had the technology to produce a car that lasted for many decades do you think they'd market it? of course not. Kiem do very well in a niche market commercially, look up the chemistry of the product to get an idea of what makes it so durable. Take care.

So what is their guarantee then? And how much is 5 litres?

Whos backtracking?? if you read the posts further up I clearly said I've used it when subbing but never purchased it, read the blurb on the website if you want, I'm sure the information you require will be there. :rolleyes:

All you need to do is use Zinnser123 and then two coats of masonry JOB DONE!I've used it on all types of brick/masonry for years and its better than any stabilizer.

Whos backtracking?? if you read the posts further up I clearly said I've used it when subbing but never purchased it, read the blurb on the website if you want, I'm sure the information you require will be there. :rolleyes:

In other words he's never used it. ;)

I've never purchased chlorinated rubber, nulifire or architectural solignum either, but I've used all these paints over the years. Not all painters are confined to doing a hall,stairs and landing ffs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back