does part p apply to a new conservatory???

Sponsored Links
yes i live in manchester!
should the conservatory company know this? and should they be registered

hotspot007 said:
do i need to get a qualified part p electrician to install my electrics on a conservatory??

yes, unless BC has approved electrics with the plans in which case you could do they work and theyll sign it off

Sponsored Links
hotspot007 said:
yes i live in manchester!
should the conservatory company know this? and should they be registered

if they do the electrics aswell, they should know and be registered or get BC to check the work for you. if they dont, they are doing it against the law

who are doing what against the law? the bc or the conservatory company.
Also if I get the bc to check wont this cost me

the ultimate responsability lies with the householder- they have to ensure compliance by getting work done to a standard.

BC pay charge for checking work

ive just been in contact to the bc officer, and he has said as of yet they are not getting involved with conservatories, only wet areas! ie kitchen and bathrooms.
Ive read all about part p and it seems very ambiguous to say the least. The ultimate responsiblitiy is with the customer however i only know about part p because of my interest in electrics, average joe bloggs around the country will know diddley squat!

pdcelec said:
Here comes BAS ;)

superman_weird.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back