Does this look like 10 tons of MOT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s recycled MOT type 1 but I expected a larger pile for 10 tonnes.

Attachments

• IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell with a wide angle camera, what depth are you laying it to?

It's smaller than the 8 tons I got last summer.

But it's wet. You've bought the rain that landed on it before it was loaded, unfortunately just a fact of life.

Sponsored Links
You can calculate/guesstimate the cubic area and roughly work out the weight from that

cone volume calculator here https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/cone-volume As @^woody^ says density uncompacted MOT is about 2T/m3

There will be some deviation for wetness, but do the calculation and I suggest if you get less than 9T you send your calcs to the supplier and ask them when the rest is coming.

Use the calc for a truncated cone and add a smidgen, or for a pointy cone and knock a bit off.

It's very hard to tell from the photo, as it's an unknown distance from the camera.

The wheelie bin isn't much further away and looks pretty small.

You'll need to measure and guesstimate using the link above.

It does look small for that amount...

I've previously found that mounds of delivered stone have looked smaller than I expected. But then got them to confirm with the paperwork and it has checked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back